I didn’t intend to post anything hip-hop related in this blog, but I was doing some research on The Boogie Boys (known for their 1985 hit “A Fly Girl”) and stumbled across a number of touching posts by people who knew the group’s central figure, William Darrell Stroman, a.k.a. “Boogie Knight” / “Kid Delight” on wax, then “Delight” / “9×Delight” / “Boogie Knight Kid Delight”. Stroman was murdered on October 9, 2001.
Everyone who wrote about him had such good things to say about him. If you have a minute, spend some time reading at these sites and get to know him.
- July 2001 interview with William Stroman.
- October 2001 announcement of Stroman's passing, posted by DJ Yoda (Crash Crew/Zulu Nation).
- 2004 Boogie Boys / William Stroman mini-bio by DJ Yoda in a message board thread.
- 2005 remembrance / memorial post by a friend/Army buddy of Stroman. The comments on that post contained further remembrances by more friends, ex-girlfriends, and others who loved him, so I used to recommend that people who knew him post there, so the comments would all be in one place and more easily found in searches. But as of late 2013, all of the comments on that blog have disappeared, and the comments on that particular post weren't saved by archive.org, so please feel free to just post here. It may take me a while to make sure your comment is not spam, but I certainly won't delete anything.
- 2007 Boogie Boys bio
- Rappin Ain’t No Thing – which has an ultra-old-school (1981) party vibe
- A Fly Girl – their big hit
- You Ain’t Fresh